About Elegant Themes
The history of Elegant Themes began when Nick Roach, the founder, started an epic one-man journey from his college apartment in 2009. Since then, he has managed to grow a team of 50 members and release 87 WordPress themes and 5 plugins.
Along the way, ET has released several popular themes like Nexus, Vertex, Nimble, Fable, Extra, and finally, Divi. While the company has been focused on developing WordPress themes during its primary years, recently it made its entry into the plugin world.
As a result of its continuous efforts, ET now enjoys a large customer base of more than 400,000 people.
Elegant Themes Features
ElegantThemes offers some amazing features. It’s tough to cover all features in a single post. Therefore, let’s take a look at some important features.
- Fully Responsive Design:As you can expect, all Elegant Themes products are fully responsive. They use CSS media queries and other advanced techniques to ensure that your website looks great on all screen sizes and resolutions.Item 2
- Advanced Customization Options:The advanced theme options panel offers a convenient way to manage the style of your WordPress site. Use the live customizer to change the font, color, background, header, footer, menu, widgets, and so on. You can check real-time previews as you are making the changes.
- Custom Shortcodes:All the ET themes are provided with a broad range of custom shortcodes. You can use these shortcodes to add various elements like buttons, tabs, toggles, columns, quote, CTA, tooltips, drop caps, etc. to your posts and pages.
- Multiple Page Templates:You will have access to several professionally designed page templates. These will be very useful to create the necessary pages like the blog, contact, about us, gallery, login, search, sitemap, etc.
- Valid, Secure Coding:All ET products enjoy professional coding that follows the industry best practices. As a result, you can rest assured that your website will offer a superior browsing experience for the visitors. What’s more, your website will also be secure from the common security threats.
- Fully Localized:Most ET themes are fully localized to help you create multi-lingual sites for your international audience. The latest themes are also provided with the translation files for the common languages.
- Multi-browser Compatible:It is highly likely that the visitors will use different web browsers to access your website. When using the ET themes and plugins, you can rest assured that your website will work perfectly on all the modern web browsers.
Elegant Themes Options Panel
ET themes are provided with dedicated theme options panel to control the basic website settings. You can find the options in the Theme Options page.
The options are divided into several categories like –
General: As the name suggests, this section offers the primary options like uploading your logo, favicon, choosing the color palette, enabling social media icons, fixed navigation, date format, back to top, and so on. You will also find separate sections for providing the social media links and custom CSS.
Navigation: Here, you can enable the drop-down menu, choose the number of drop-down tiers, exclude specific pages, categories from the menu, and define the sorting type.
Layout: This section enables you to show or hide the author, date, categories, comments for the overall website and single blog posts, and choose to show the comments on pages.
Ads: You can enable a dedicated ad spot for the single posts, and define the ad image, destination URL, or provide AdSense code for that spot.
SEO: This section includes options to enable custom title, meta description, meta keywords, and canonical URL’s, and lots of other SEO options for the single posts, homepage, and the index page.
Integration: Here, you can add custom code to the header, body of the whole site, or to the top and bottom of the single posts.
Updates: Provide your ET username and API key in this section, and enjoy automatic updates for the themes and plugins.
WordPress Themes by Elegant Themes
Elegant Themes is mainly popular for its Divi theme. But it offers another theme called Extra.
Let’s see some details of these themes.
Divi is the most popular and most highlighted product of Elegant Themes. This multi-purpose theme allows you to create any type of website you want. You can choose any of the demo designs, page templates, or use the versatile Divi Builder to create unique layouts. You can choose from the 46 content modules and 20+ ready-made layouts
Divi also comes with a handy visual editor that enables you to edit the design on the front-end. Use the drag-and-drop interface to place various elements into their desired place. Thanks to the responsive editing feature, your style changes will automatically be applied to various screen resolutions. The live customizer offers hundreds of styling options for your website.
Divi Builder can be used as a separate page builder plugin with other themes.
Extra is a powerful WordPress theme that enables you to create attractive news, blog, magazine, or any media-heavy website. Powered by the Divi Builder, you can create eye-catching designs for your posts, pages, and categories. The advanced design settings offer precise control over the various page elements.
You can publish blog posts in different formats by using the built-in blog layouts. The integrated ratings and reviews features will allow visitors to express their opinion. It is also possible to display your products, projects in a stylish way. Extra offers several locations for displaying the menus and offers several custom widgets.
WordPress Plugins by Elegant Themes
Other than Divi, Elegant Themes has two WordPress plugins.
Bloom can be an excellent tool to convert your regular visitors into loyal followers and maybe customers. This lead generation plugin allows you to show different types of opt-ins and collect email addresses from your visitors. There are more than a hundred ready-made designs for the opt-in forms. Get started with any of these layouts or create your own design from scratch.
The targeted display options offer excellent control to define exactly when and where the opt-ins should be displayed. You can choose from a large number of triggers for your pop-ups. The bloom dashboard enables you to perform a/b tests and offers a complete overview of your opt-in campaigns.
Monarch is an excellent social sharing plugin that supports more than 35 social media networks. You can display the social sharing buttons on prominent locations like above or below content, on media files, pop-up, fly-in, or as a floating sidebar. Thanks to the custom shortcode, it is also possible to show the sharing buttons on the widget, footer, or other widgetized locations.
There are different types of triggers available to show the buttons on the perfect time. You can define the color, shape, hover effect, orientation, and other styles for the buttons. The lightning-fast plugin works correctly on all screen sizes. Check out the dashboard to find detailed information about the performance of your sharing buttons.
Elegant Themes Support
ET customers have several methods to get the necessary support. The dashboard offers separate links to installing themes or plugins, using their most important features, and the full documentation for each product.
In case you need specific help with an ET theme or plugin, you should check out the dedicated forum. You will find separate threads for Divi, Extra, Divi Builder, Bloom, Monarch, and other items. There are already hundreds of forum threads created by the customers. You can search these threads to find quick answers to your questions, or create a new thread for asking new questions.
Elegant Theme Pricing
Elegant Themes has recently updated the pricing plans, and it currently offer two plans –
Yearly Access: This plan offers unlimited access to all the ET themes and plugins. You will get timely updates and priority support for the products. You can use the themes and plugins on an unlimited number of websites. The Yearly Access plan is priced at $89 per year.
Lifetime Access: If you plan to use ET products for more than two years, this will be the best value deal for you. For a one-time payment of $249, you can enjoy all the benefits of the yearly access plan for life. What’s more, you will also get unlimited access to all the upcoming themes and plugins.
Pros & Cons of Elegant Themes
At the end of the day, ET operates as a full-scale business, which means it has several benefits and some drawbacks. Here are the most common pros and cons of the company.
- Both Divi and Extra are very powerful themes.
- The theme options panel and the customizer sections work great.
- Bloom and Monarch deliver a smooth performance.
- The lifetime plan offers incredible value for money.
- Only two plugins are available.
- Some people complained about the poor customer service.
Final Thoughts: Is It Worth the Money & Hype?
There’s a reason why ET has more than four hundred thousand customers right now. The reason is they provide tremendous value for your money. The yearly plan offers unlimited access to all the themes, plugins, and support for the price of a single theme. But it is the lifetime plan that brings the best value, where you are getting unlimited access to everything for life.
In a nutshell, if you take your website seriously, you should invest in an Elegant Themes membership.